For some starting a new years resolution to that healthy lifestyle, ends quicker than it started resulting to square one with added weight leading to one self giving up and going back to a unhealthy lifestyle, lacking in exercise and eating un- healthy foods.
Others find it easier to start that healthy lifestyle in the months leading to summer, or just the glimpse of the sunshine motivates them to continue with their goals to that healthy lifestyle, have you ever wonder why?
Here are 10 reasons:
RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
1. Most of the British population suffer with (SAD- seasonal affective disorder), without knowing. SAD is sometimes known as “winter depression” because the symptoms are more apparent and tend to be more severe at this time of the year, though improves to the months leading up to spring when there’s more sunlight.
2. People are more body conscious when the sun is out making them more inclined to continue regular exercise and healthy eating.
3. When its hot water becomes your best friend, not even sugary fizzy drinks can quench that thrust like water.
4. Your more inclined to drink smoothies still gaining one of your daily recommended 5 fruits as an alternative to that chocolate double creamed latte.
5. When exercising in warm weather indoors/outdoors makes you sweat more, releasing unwanted toxin build up of course drinking lots of water promotes this better.
6. You are more likely to get up earlier and fit that exercise session before you go to work, when mornings are lighter supposed to dark.
7. You tend to eat smaller portions of foods that are spaced throughout the days, supposed to winter when your body requires more food to keep warm.
8. The sunshine not only gives you natural vitamin D it lifts your mood up making you feel more alert and in control of keeping and sticking to your tasks and goals as well as continuous leading healthy lifestyle.
9. There are less opportunities to eat bad food in the summer supposed to winter there are several holidays that emphasize bad food such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, and Easter.
10. Last but not least that count down to a booked holiday will give you that incentive to continue that healthy eating exercising you started.
It’s great that some people start at some point of the year in leading that healthy lifestyle, the point is to continue it throughout; more so working with your body will give you more lasting results.
2. Why understanding your body type can help in weight loss:
Loosing belly fat for some is easier whilst for others it’s a struggle; this depends on body types of course. Usually people are known to having 2 types of body types, for example: your top half can be Mesomorph- meaning you develop muscle quicker and your bottom part could be an Ectomorph type, meaning- you loose weight easily and don’t build as much muscle as your top part.
These two body types, combined together make it easier to loose body fat especially on the top part, making it a breeze all year round in loosing fat especially on your belly, (of course with the right nutrition and regular exercise), depending on consistency will result into not only a flat stomach, but a six-pack.
It is also known to only have one body type for some people, so say for example they are a `Endomorph – these body type find it easier to gain fat rather than muscle, so loosing weight in it self is harder than other body types, adding these body types, are more prown to gaining more water attention and toxin build up than other body types.
We have all had a friend that can eat loads of food and never gain any weight, this again relates to that person body type preferably Ectomorphs- body types, can afford to have an extra intake of calories than other body types due to having a faster metabolism.
Take into account everyone is different, but what all body types have in common they all need a well balanced diet including fresh vegetables and fruits significant in maintaining nutrients for the body in order for it to function well and of course regular exercise.
Knowing your body type and working with it can have massive benefits, not only can you compliment what Mother Nature has blessed you with, you maintain yourself better seeing the results you want without going on a yoyo diet and starting at square one again.
The 3 Body Types:
Image by Pitch Vision
An ectomorph is a typical skinny guy/girl.
Ecto’s have a light build with small joints and lean muscle.
Usually ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. and shoulders tend to be thin with little width.
Typical traits of an ectomorph:
– Small “delicate” frame and bone structure
– Flat chest
– Small shoulders
– Lean muscle mass
– Finds it hard to gain weight
– Fast metabolism
Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight as they have a fast metabolism, which burns up calories very quickly.
Ecto’s need a huge amount of calories in order to gain weight and workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups.
Ectomorphs should eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night.
Generally, ectomorphs can lose fat very easily which makes cutting back to lean muscle easier for them.
An mesomorph has a large bone structure, large muscles and a naturally athletic physique. Mesomorphs are the best body type for bodybuilding as they find it quite easy to gain and lose weight.
They are naturally strong which is the perfect platform for building muscle.
Typical traits on a Mesomorph:
– Generally hard body
– Well defined muscles
– Rectangular shaped body
– Gains muscle easily
– Gains fat more easily than ectomorphs
The mesomorph body type responds the best to weight training; gains are usually seen very quickly, especially for beginners.
The downside to mesomorphs is they gain fat more easily than ectomorphs, this means they must watch their calorie intake.
Usually a combination of weight training and cardio works best for mesomorphs.
The endomorph body type is solid and generally soft. Endomorphs gain fat very easily. Endo’s are usually of a shorter build with thick arms and legs and muscles are strong, especially the upper legs.
Endomorphs find they are naturally strong in leg exercises like the squat.
Typical traits of an Endomorph:
– Soft and round body
– Gains muscle and fat very easily
– Is generally short
– “Stocky” build
– Round physique
– Finds it hard to lose fat
– Slow metabolism
– Muscles not so well defined
When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight.
Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle.
To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights.
So which body type are you?
Given the information above you should be able to identify your body type.
You may also want to optimize your diet and training to suit your body type for best results could help you and motivate you all year round, from just seeing the results it can do for you.