Christmas parties, New Years parties or Little Black Dress parties…they all have something in common!! And what is that? Looking good, sexy, lean and fit! Most of the time it’s the pressure of the social environment that leads us to take drastic measures and either cut all the sugar in our diet, stick to eat only protein meals or even worse stick to juice diet!
As a personal trainer I’ve heard it all and I am not surprised when I have women approaching me and asking advice how to lose weight within two months since all their Hocus Pocus diets didn’t work.
For all of my ladies I’ve decided to write a short list of diet tips for weight loss that may not be the most popular, but certainly do the job without jeopardising your health and your hunger.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
1) Put a full stop to emotional eating
You might have just broken up with your boyfriend / girlfriend but it doesn’t mean you need to eat your whole life worth of chocolate or biscuits supply. In a contrary use that to your advantage and lose those few pounds of unnecessary fat to look even sexier and fitter.
Not that you will be more proud of yourself for achieving your goals but you will also increase your self-esteem and make the opposite partner wondering why you are shining with confidence and a great look.
2) Doing food shopping on full stomach
One of the least popular tips that have been forgotten but certainly works is to do your food shopping on a full stomach. Have your breakfast or lunch and then drive to your local shop and buy only those things that you really need and are on the list. Furthermore, you should feel so full that the idea of eating more food doesn’t sound appealing!
3) Prepare and cook your least favourite food
It may not be your favourite; however who said that weight loss should be easy?! Prepare and cook yourself that type of food that you don’t necessary like and enjoy. It means you won’t eat too much of it.
When you eat it, tell yourself – it’s only for few months till you lose the weight! And as a tip I can assure you once you lose the weight and you like your new shape you won’t even think about eating most of the unhealthy food that made you put on weight in the first place and caused you so much hard work to lose the body fat! You will learn to appreciate yourself!
4) Plan your meals so you are not tempted to go to a restaurant and eat all your favourite dishes
Not that this idea will make you save money and help you be organise but it can also help you lose weight. If you spend your Sunday afternoon by cooking your own lunch:
– you will save yourself the time that you would normally have to take to go to a shop
– decide what to buy
– spend your hard earned money
– walk back to your work place where you then need to rush eating it since you don’t have the whole afternoon to eat it and enjoy it.
If you have your own home made lunch:
– you know what you are eating
– you don’t over eat
– you are working towards better yourself
– you won’t feel guilty afterwards
– you will be a step closer to achieving you weight loss goal
5) Reduce the intake of sugar at least for the time of your dieting
– 1 tea spoon of sugar contains at least 16 kcal
– An average person has 3 cups of coffee with a minimum of 1 spoon of sugar
– That is 48 kcal itself without counting any additional sweet drinks that people or children tend to have during the day
– That is 336 kcal in 7 days which is equivalent to 10,080 kcal in a month only from coffee and 1 spoon of sugar!!
– Not having any sugar in just your coffee can help you lose 2 pounds a month!
6) Use tools that help you track your progress
Keep a food journal and weigh yourself regularly, keeping track of each pound and inch you lose. By keeping track of your weight loss efforts, you’ll see the results in black and white, which will help you stay motivated.
7) Set goals to keep you motivated
Short-term goals, like wanting to fit into a bikini for the summer, usually don’t work as well as wanting to feel more confident or become healthier for your partner or just be an example for your children’s sakes. When frustration and temptation strike, concentrate on the many benefits you will reap from being healthier and leaner.
8) Snack on healthy goodies rather than cookies, salty nuts or crisps
Snacking on fresh cut apple, peeled juicy orange or simply cut carrot stick is still healthier than eating salty nuts that just feel more addictive the more you eat them or sweet biscuits that keeps getting stuck in your teeth and makes you put on weight and spend extra cash on your dentist.
If you really do feel like snacking on something sweet, try dried apple, mango or pineapple that is so sweet that after few pieces you won’t feel like having any more plus they all contain fibre which helps you feel fuller for longer, improves your digestion and helps you with weight loss.