Have you been having a good Summer? Did you maybe have too good a time and rather stuff yourself during this holiday season? Of course this is not an unusual scenario and it’s something we are probably all familiar with. But it also lends itself to a certain amount of regret once the fun is all over!  Are you finding it difficult to keep your weight under control? RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU It has often been said that the secret to weight loss is to “eat less and exercise more”. It has very often been said to be about counting calories. But did you know that this advice is flawed. Cases of obesity and type 2 diabetes has doubled in the last decade There are many effective ways and rules of weight loss. Did you know that the 80/20 rule is one of the rules of weight loss? It can help you bounce back after eating excessively during the holidays. So What Is The 80/20 Rule Of Weight Loss? The 80/20 rule is not a diet but a rule on how to eat smart. It is a strategy for health and well being. rules of weight loss_2 It is one of the rules of weight loss where instead of eating so much food, you eat till you are about 80% full , leaving 20% of your stomach empty. This will give your stomach enough room to digest your food and you will feel better after each meal. How To Apply The 80/20 Rules Of Weight Loss Here are 4 ways to help you apply the 80/20 rules of weight loss and see how much you can benefit from this eating system. • Let 80% of your plate be full of non-starchy vegetables like lettuce, cucumber, spinach, broccoli, cabbage and many more, while the remaining 20% should be your protein • Learn to stop eating when you are satisfied and are 80% full • Chew your food properly and eat slowly to help • Try to eat your vegetables which are alkaline-forming with animal protein like chicken, fish and lean meat, which are acid-forming. These pointers should give you everything you need to embark on your 80/20 weight loss plan. The Bottom Line It is important that you do not diet but are eating a healthy balanced meal. Too many people (and the diet industry has been as much at fault as anybody) are consumed by the idea of just cutting calories, crash dieting, rapid weight loss and grasping for the magical promises you read and hear in some media. The bottom line is they don’t work.  Certainly not in the long term and for lasting beneficial results. You might shock your body into rapid and fleeting weight loss, but this does it no good and often is little more than a temporary illusion. For example there are methods that claim to instantly strip away the pounds, but all they do is force you to quickly lose significant water – not  fat – temporarily. It’s this kind of trickery that we must avoid at all costs! So the 80/20 rule is one of the rules of weight loss and that can help you bounce back after eating excessively during the holidays. It is sensible and it works. Give it a go! Connect here with WatchFit expert Anne Anyia  

WatchFit Experts change lives!

And they can do the same for you.

Expert:

Pollyanna Hale Health and Lifestyle coaches
Lost 13 Kg in Total
Mel, 32y Location: London, United Kingdom Working with Pollyanna changed everything. I lost 13kg, got toned and have more energy than ever! Get same results!

Expert:

Chriz Zaremba Fitness Consultant
Lost 45 Kg in Total
Chris, 50y Location: London, United Kingdom Lost 45kg after the age of 50 and now competes and wins physique competitions and runs marathons Check our weight loss plans