Simply mouth watering avocado dip recipe
The creamy texture and delicate taste of avocado makes it the ideal ingredient of any dip, starting from the traditional Mexican guacamole to countless other dip recipes, both savoury and sweet. Guacamole itself can be made in countless variations, and I still have not found any, which is not to my taste. Here below is a selection of my favourite avocado dips recipes, starting from my preferred Guacamole recipe to continue with a few savoury avocado dips and, to conclude, a super tasty and totally guilt free sweet dip.
GuacamoleRELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1-2 chilli, stems and seeds removed, minced (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Mash the avocado with a fork. Add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined. This is traditionally served with tortilla chips, but I like putting a tablespoon or two on top of my salad, and dip in it all the veggies.
Borecole avocado sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- A big handfuls of kale leaves, washed and without stems
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put all your ingredients except the pinenuts in a food processor and blend until you have a creamy consistency. If too thick, add some water and some olive oil. When reaced the desired consistency, add the pine nuts and stir. Enjoy as a dip or as a pasta sauce.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- A handful of chives, thinly chopped
- The juice of a lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons of flaked chili peppers
Pinch of salt
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Alternatively cut the chives finely, mash the avocado with a fork and mix all the ingredients together manually. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with raw vegetable sticks or use it as a topping for oatcakes or toasted rye bread. Yum!
Creamy avocado dip with sweetcorn and black olives
- 2 avocados, mashed
- A handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of thawed or canned sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons of pitted back olives, chopped
- The juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients and enjoy! I personally scoop in it chunks of sweet red peppers – delicious!
Creamy choco-cado dip
- 4 pitted dates, soaked in water for a few hours and drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- The juice of one mandarin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder / raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place soaked dates, avocado, mandarin juice, cocoa powder and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately. This dip is perfect with fresh fruit. Can be enjoyed on its own as a very healthy chocolate mousse.