Although herbs and spices are a staple in the culinary world, they have been used medicinally way before we had a grasp on their benefits. Thanks to modern science, we have begun to understand how spices can be very healing and therapeutic for the human body.
Cayenne pepper is a type of chill pepper used in many spicy dishes. It’s among the top prized spices when it comes to cleanses like, The Master Cleanse, and other forms of detoxification. Its active ingredient, capsaicin, is to thank for many of its health benefits. Cayenne pepper has been used for many aliments including nausea, heartburn, tremors, gout, paralysis, fever, flatulence, hemorrhoids, and many more.
Here are some health benefits of cayenne pepper:RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
1. Fat Burning.
– Studies show that capsaicin may reduce appetite and increase fat burning in some individuals and for this reason, you are likely to see it in many commercial weight loss supplements and fad diets.
– A study showed that 1 gram of cayenne can reduce appetite and increase fat burning in those who did not consume cayenne regularly. There was no effect in those who consumed cayenne regular, though, pointing out that a tolerance to the effects of cayenne pepper can be built.
2. Cancer Fighting
– Animal studies have shown great potential for anti-cancer properties finding capsaicin to fight against cancer, including lung, live and prostate cancer.
3. Anti-Irritant Properties
– Cayenne pepper has been used to ease upset stomachs, sore throats, coughs, diarrhea, and even ulcers.
4. Anti-Cold and Flu
– Cayenne pepper helps to break up, move and eliminate congested mucus, which results with a sense of relief from flu-like symptoms.
5. Anti-Fungal Properties
– A study has shown as strong correlation to cayenne pepper and prevention of the formation of fungal pathogens, phomopsis and collectotrichum.
6. Circulatory System
– Cayenne pepper is a known stimulant of the circulatory system.
– Cayenne pepper improves blood pressure by feeding the cell structures of the arteries, veins, and capillaries the necessary elements.
– Digestive Aid
– Cayenne pepper rebuilds the tissue in the stomach and intestinal ulcers.
– It stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the production of gastric juices and enzymes. These are critical factors in the body’s ability to metabolize food and toxins.
– Cayenne pepper also stimulates intestinal peristaltic motion, which aids in both the assimilation and elimination process (further helping with detoxing).
7. Saliva Production
– Cayenne pepper stimulates the production of our saliva, which is very important for digestion and optimal oral health.
8. Detox Properties
– Cayenne pepper increases the pulse of digestive and lymphatic rhythms which helps heat the body, resulting in the natural process of detoxification. It also causes us to sweat, which is another important factor when it comes to eliminates toxins.
*Other Benefits include- anti-allergen, anti-redness, reduction of blood clots, improvements with internal hemorrhages, Eases toothaches, preserves teeth from voting, joint pain reliever, anti-bacterial, heart healthy, great for heartburn, and so much more.
- You can combine cayenne pepper with lemon juice, water, and honey for an excellent detox beverage and moving stimulant.
- Roast mixed nuts and seeds with some organic honey or maple syrup and sprinkle some cayenne pepper over them for a delicious snack.
- Add cayenne pepper to your favorite chill recipe
- Sprinkle some cayenne pepper and your other favorite spices over scrambled eggs and veggies