Fancy a full day of unbridled gorgeous healthy eating? Here is a menu that fits the bill and will guide you all the way!
Breakfast Breakfast idea 1: Smoothies.
For these three suggestions place the following ingredients in a blender or food processor:RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
a) Smooth: ½ a grapefruit, 1 lime, 5 apples (or 120ml/4 fl oz organic apple juice) tangy: 1 lemon, 1 lime, ½ small pineapple, 5 apples (or 120ml/4 fl oz organic apple juice)
b) Refreshing: 1 apple, 2 oranges, 10 mint leaves
c) Filling: ¼ of a cucumber, 10 mint leaves, 9 apples (or 220ml/7 fl oz organic apple juice to taste) Sweet: ½ a small pineapple, 1 lime, 5 apples (or 120ml/4 fl oz organic apple juice). Add ½ a grapefruit as a variation.
Breakfast idea 2: Buckwheat Pancakes.
Makes 6. You can make these the night before.
1: Mix 100g/3 oz buckwheat flour, 1 egg, 300ml/11 fl oz cold water and ground pepper 2: For each pancake, fry a ladleful of the mix in a little coconut oil 3: Stack any left-overs in between cling film and freeze.
You can fill them with salmon and eggs, salmon, natural live yoghurt and a sprinkle of paprika, chicken and salad, watercress and avocado
Snack 1: Carrot sticks with pure peanut butter
Snack 2: Melon and parma ham
Lunch and Dinner ideas 1: Thai Curry with Tempeh and Vegetables (V)
Ingredients, serves 1: 1 glug of olive oil, 1 small onion, 1 garlic clove, 2 tsp curry powder, handful fresh basil, 2 handfuls fresh coriander, 415ml/15 fl oz coconut milk, ½ broccoli head, ½ red pepper, 100g/3.5 oz tempeh, 2 lime wedges.
1. Fry 1 small chopped onion (halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise) in a glug of olive oil for 3 minutes on a high heat. Stir occasionally
2. Reduce to a moderate heat and add 1 crushed garlic clove, 2 tsp of curry powder and a handful each of freshly chopped basil and coriander. Cook for a further minute
3. Stir in 415ml/15 fl oz coconut milk, 1 tsp of salt and 60ml/2 fl oz water and bring to the boil
4. Stir in ½ chopped head of broccoli and ½ a sliced red pepper and bring to the boil
5. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes
6. Gently stir in 100g/3.5 oz of tempeh (cut into ½ inch cubes) and cook for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender, with the pan partially covered
7. Serve with lime wedges and a handful of fresh coriander
Lunch & Dinner Idea 2: Soy Steak.
Ingredients : 1 sirloin steak, glug of olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 4 mushrooms, 1 onion.
1. Marinate 1 sirloin steak in olive oil and 2 crushed garlic cloves for 15 minutes
2. Place the steak into a large pan on a high heat. Add the remaining marinade and 3 tbsp of soy sauce. Cook the steak until the juice starts coming out. Be careful not too overcook
3. Dice 4 mushrooms and 1 onion and add to the juice
4. Serve topped with the mushroom and onion mix on top
5. If the meat is ready before the vegetables, set the meat aside in a heat-proof dish while the vegetables cook.
Serve with steamed broccoli.
Dessert. Baked Pineapples
Sprinkle a little chilli powder and a generous amount of cinnamon over both sides of the pineapple
Cooking instructions: 1: Cut two rings (or 4 halves) from a pineapple (cored). or use the whole pineapple cut into rings or halves. Dry on absorbent paper 2: Sprinkle a little chilli powder and a generous amount of cinnamon over both sides of the pineapple. Use any fallen powder to coat the remaining pineapple. Grill on a high heat for 7 minutes on both sides, until slightly crispy.