The avocado is an incredibly healthy food and loaded with important nutrients. The avocado is a pretty unique type of fruit. Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats.
Avocado contains a wide variety of nutriments, including 20 different vitamins and minerals and its rich in fibers. No wonder, the avocado has become an extremely popular food among fitness fanatic.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
Avocado is delicious and easy to incorporate in the daily diet. Not only this fruit is delicious but also goes with all sorts of food. You can add them to salad and many recipes to replace butter or other fats.
They have a creamy, rich, fatty texture and blend well in sweets.
In this article you will discover 9 mouthwatering avocado recipes for any type of meal, every day of the week.
All recipes are simple and easy to do. Enjoy!
1) Guacamole (1-2 servings)
-1/4 cup of lemon juice
-1/4 red bell pepper (chopped)
-1/4 orange bell pepper (chopped)
-1/4 cup of diced onion
-pinch of salt and pepper
-pinch of chili or cayenne (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado, lemon juice, and pepper & salt. Mix in all other ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately. Serve with pita or crackers. You could eat it by itself or in a salad.
2. Avocado dip with sweet potato
-2 sweet potatoes
-1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
-1/2 jalapeno pepper
-juice of 1/2 lime
-cumin, garlic, salt&pepper to taste.
1. Bake potatoes at 40degrees for 6 minutes. Can make fries if desire.
2. Blend all dip ingredients in a blender.
3. Shrimp avocado salad (2 servings)
-12 small cooked cocktail shrimps
-2 tbsp lime juice
-1 tbsp mayonnaise
-1 tsp of hot sauce
-1 cup lettuces
-salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut avocado in half lengthwise, remove pit.
2. Carve out avocado flesh and cut in large chunks. Add chopped chives, lime juice and a dash of olive oil. Salt & pepper to taste.
3. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and hot sauce to make cocktail sauce.
4. Line carved out avocado with lettuce leaves. Using a spoon, divide evenly the avocado chunky puree between each avocado halves.
5. Place 6 shrimps on each avocado and top with a teaspoon cocktail sauce.
4. Cobb salad (1 serving)
– 2 oz grilled chicken
-1 hardboiled egg chopped
– 1 slice of bacon
-4-5 cherry tomatoes
-1/2 cup of sliced cucumber
-1oz blue cheese
-2 tbsp of red onion
-1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-2 cups of iceberg lettuce
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
3. Toss lettuce in a plates.
4. Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, cucumber, avocado and onions in a row on top of the lettuce and Drizzle with balsamic.
5. Grilled cheese (1 serving)
-2 slices of your favorite bread little bite of coconut oil spread into the bread.
– 1/2 of a ripe avocado, sliced
-2 slices of your favorite cheese
1. Heat skillet on medium heat.
2. Spread a thin layer of coconut oil over one side of each slice of bread.
3. Add slices of cheese to each slice of bread. Top with avocado.
4. Fold together to create a sandwich.
Place in heated skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Avocado stuffed turkey meat balls (4 serving)
-20 oz. extra lean ground turkey, raw
-1/4 cup egg whites
-1/3 cup oats
-1/4 cup chopped celery
-2tbsp chopped onion
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-2 tsp. of mustard
-pinch of salt & pepper to taste
-1 avocado, cubed into 8 equal pieces
-coconut oil to grease pan
1. Put all of the ingredients except the avocado in a large bowl and mash with your hands until the mixture is fully blended.
2. Brush a mini muffin pan with coconut oil. Scoop the turkey mixture into 8 muffin tins. Indent with thumb in the meatballs and place a piece of avocado in the dimple. Delicately work the meat around that piece of avocado to completely cover it.
3. Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Serve with vegetable or garden salad.
7. Chocolate pudding (1 serving)
-1/2 mash avocado
-1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
-1-2 tbsp raw chocolate powder
– 2-4tbsp almond milk to desire consistency
-stevia to taste or sweetener of your choice.
-dash of salt
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk to thin/help blend. Add more cocoa powder for a richer chocolate flavor. Add more sweetener of choice to enhance sweetness. You can add whip cream or nuts/nut butter on top and fruits if you want. Be creative !
8. Avocado cold crust less pie (1 serving)
– 2tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
-1/4 cup of coconut milk
-1tsp vanilla extract
– 2-3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Put all ingredient except chocolate chips in a blender, blend until smooth.
2. Pour mixture in a small round mold and keep it in the freezer for 2-3hours.
3. Take it out from the freezer.
4. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave(1-2 min) and poor it on top of the pie.
9. Chocolate brownies (16 servings)
-1 cup bittersweet chocolate, melted
-2 ripe mashed avocados
-1 cup of splenda
-1/2 cup raw chocolate powder
-1/4 cup of almond butter
-1/2 almond meal
-1/2 vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp of sea salt
1. Melt chocolate in microwave 1-2 minutes.
2. Whisk chocolate, eggs and splenda in a large mixing bowl.
3. Next add almond meal, raw chocolate powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix together until well combined.
4. Then add avocado and almond butter and blend all together until smooth.
5. Transfer mixture into a square well greased baking dish and cook for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.