Food and skin
Studies suggest that there is a strong connection between healthy food and youthful-looking skin. In 2007, a report released by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that those who ate more bad fats and simple sugars had more pronounced wrinkles later in life compared to people who ate a diet rich in vitamin C.
Healthy food, health organs
RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
When you eat healthy food, you literally keep 6 organs healthy and happy. Your liver and kidneys can filter out impurities, while your adrenals and thyroid can make essential hormones, giving you energy and beautiful skin. Lastly, your large intestines and small intestines, which are responsible for eliminating waste products, can provide nutrients to other organs.
In general, foods that damage our organs include drugs and alcohol, chemicals and heavy metals, trans fats, refined sugar, processed table salt (Himalayan salt is health promoting), and processed foods. Some health experts believe pasteurized dairy products are also culprits.
Fruit that’s good for skin
Antioxidants prevent free-radical damage, which causes premature skin ageing. Vitamin C is one antioxidant that helps our body produce collagen, a protein that helps keep our skin firm and elastic. Below are fruits that are known to be great for our tummy and clear complexion:
– Figs–alkalizing and high in fiber, thus beneficial for our digestive system
– Kiwis—rich in vitamin C and K and a good source of fiber and vitamin E
– Pineapple—the core of pineapple is high in bromelain, an enzyme that also benefits our digestive system
– Berries (such as blueberries, black currants, cherries, raspberries and goji berries)—powerful antioxidants, immune-boosting, and an excellent source of fiber
– Papayas—a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C and folate
– Apples—phytonutrients in apples can help you regulate your blood sugar
– Apple cider vinegar—use either topically and/or internally – it helps to balance our pH
– Lemon—the most efficient way is to squeeze one lemon into a glass of warm water and have it first thing in the morning
Fruits are an excellent way to make your skin glow. Eating an organic and balanced diet is just as important. Ultimately, the real focus should be on gut health. With healthy bacteria in our gut, our health will then be working for us from the inside out.
Wishing you health and happiness.