The more research and studying I do, the more I’m inclined to take the approach of, lets try to get healthy and we will see fat loss as a by-product of doing so.
We must make intelligent decisions about what we put in our body on a consistent basis and set some short term fitness goals.
We must get leverage on our choices to make them so compelling that that choice is the only option we have.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
Let me explain, “Leverage” as explained by Tony Robbins. When we set goals, we must write down all of the reasons why we must reach those goals and all the reasons why it would suck to not reach those goals.
By doing this, we are making reaching the goal such a positive experience, that we feel good simply envisioning the outcome. Then, on the other side of the coin, not reaching the goal should feel so painful that you would not wish it on your worst enemy.
We must look at our habits and figure out which ones are causing our fat storage, lack of energy, depression, sickness, GI issues, hypertension, inflammation and the list goes on, in order to balance the deficiencies and toxicity in our bodies.
It is the lack of nutrients and the overconsumption of toxic foods that cause inflammation that get and keep us overweight, which in the long run leads to cancers, heart issues, bone problems etc.
Taking the time to figure out what you are actually putting in your body by tracking your food, not your calories, can give us insight into what we are deficient in. Most likely you are deficient in omega 3’s, vitamin D, magnesium and probably vitamin C.
By simply increasing your intake of these nutrients and cutting down and eventually eliminating processed sugar from your diet, you can become a healthier version of yourself which will inevitably lead to a lower body fat percentage.
Do you want be healthy and as a result be more lean, have more energy, spend less money on medications, be more confident, have less pain, look and feel younger?
Let’s set goals and reach them by developing good habits and making intelligent decisions about our health.
If not you will regret it later.
Pick 3 and stick with them for the week
(Next week you will keep one and a pick 2 new ones. Keep doing this until you have gone through all of the options)
Whichever ones you choose do it passionately and wholeheartedly. You’re with me to get results and I will do whatever it takes. I need you to be willing to do the same!
Here are your options:
1) Drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
2) Cut out dairy for 1 week and track how you feel without it (physically and mentally).
3) Try intermittent fasting 2 days a week (Ask me how).
4) Try not eating any meat 1 day a week meaning you double up on your veggies.This will help alkalize the body and decrease inflammation.
5) Strength train 3 times per week and do bodyweight at home 2 times per week.
6) Cut out processed grains for 1 week and track how you feel without it (physically and mentally).
7) Schedule your homework workouts at the beginning of the week and don’t bail. This is your health.
8) Cut out alcohol for 1 week and track how you feel without it (physically and mentally).
9) Set goals for the next day every night before you go to bed and do whatever it takes to accomplish those goals. (Write them down)
10) Perform corrective exercise or foam roll your whole body every day. (Ask me what corrective stretches are)
11) Walk for 30 minutes a day. Even days you train.
12) Do 4 minutes of metabolic conditioning. I’ll give you exercises.
13) Do not look at your scale.
14) Meditate for 10 minutes a day.
15) Pre-cook meals for the week.
16) Cut out sugar for 1 week and track how you feel without it physically and mentally.
17) Run/walk 2 miles twice a week
18) Drink 12oz of lemon water first thing every morning
19) Try no coffee or caffeine for 1 week
20) Go without soda for 1 week (that includes your rum and coke)
Pick 3 and let me know which ones you are picking. Please participate!
Have fun and stay focused!