Do you ever just stare blankly at your ‘To Do’ list? If so I can assure you you’re not alone!
There are plenty of things on there you could do, but you just seem to stuck in indecision. Or maybe your list makes you want to crawl under the covers and hide from the world.
Or maybe you feel angry, that nothing on your list is what you want to do right now.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
Why is it so hard to just get things done?
If you are looking for a new strategy for productivity, this article is not for you. I would like to suggest that instead of looking for a way to become more productive, let’s look at your life’s alignment instead.
– What if the reason you are not getting things done on your list is because it really doesn’t matter to you?
– What if you know deep down to your core, that it’s not important to you, but you just think you “have” to do it for some reason or another?
– Is your list really aligned with the true goals for your life?
– Have you looked at what your goals are for you life? Or are you just running around at the beck and call of everyone else?
– What if instead of making a massive list of all of your “have to’s”, you instead took that time to get real with yourself about what is truly important to you?
– What if your list turned into a bunch of “want to’s” you were excited about completing, because you know exactly why it is important to you?
– Doesn’t that sound better than learning some new productivity strategy?
If so, I hope you will keep on reading…
First, in order to truly clear your mind, you need to get everything out of your head that you think needs to be done. Every single thing.
Write it, Type it…whatever…just get it out of your head.
Do you have your complete list? Now listen closely – your life and your time is yours. Let me repeat…
Your life and your time is YOURS.
You are in control of what you choose to do with your life and your time. No matter what you choose to do, you must understand that YOU are in control.
Is there anything on your list right now that is only there because someone else suggested it, or you just thought it should be on there because you saw someone else do it? If so, please ask yourself if it is something you truly want to do.
If it’s not important to you, I challenge you to remove it!
Next, as you look at your list, what type of feelings are coming up? Pick something on your list and see if there is a feeling attached. Make a note of those feelings as you go over your list.
Many times we are resisting doing something out of fear.
Fear of failure or even fear of success can leave us frozen. Recognizing this can give us a bit of clarity and courage to take on those tasks!
The answer to clearing your mind and getting things done is inside of you. If you are looking for an outside strategy to help your productivity, without answering these deeper questions first, I am afraid your mind will remain stuck in the same cycle of overwhelm.
If this message resonates with you, I challenge you to spend some time really scrutinizing your list before you start taking action!
Connect with Expert Maile Inouye