Beads of sweat tease your skin and pull your attention from game. Your heart rate pounds in your ears and each muscle seems depleted of energy as you struggle to endure the final minutes. Although your teams are tied, it feels like you are running uphill every time you attempt to take the ball down field. Briefly, you remember a quote that has given you the inspiration to excel through many a workout. You take a mental pause and whisper the phrase to yourself. It’s more than just words; it is a mindset that gives you the power to find what you are really made of and accomplish something spectacular. With a surge of energy you find yourself sprinting into position to receive a pass. Confidence and precision let you find your target and send the ball on a one-way trip to the back of the net.
Whether you are an elite athlete, weekend warrior, or simply want to get in shape, we all need inspiration to perform at our best during a workout. Some use the mental imagery of success or visualization of their performance, while others live by a specific quote that means something powerful to the individual.
Below are ten workout quotes that provide inspiration and confidence to get you from start to finish as you progress towards your goals
RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
1. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
-Arnold Schwarzenegger – Image by MiamiFitnessTV
-Mia Hamm – Image by Kaptah
-Aristotle – Image by Slagheap
4. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times.” ~ Bruce Lee – Image by Presidio of Monterey
– Robert Frost – Image by Gunnery Sgt
6. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
– Michael Jordan – Image by Stephanie Wilson
– Henry Ford – Image by United Nations
8. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary” – Vince Lombardi – Image by Vramak
9. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” – Dr. Robert Schuller – Image by See-ming Lee
10. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky – Image by Zach Dischner