If you are thinking about pregnancy or currently have ‘a bun in your oven’, there are many things you can do to keep yourself and baby healthy and have the most enjoyable pregnancy.
Before you get your head spinning with the million do’s and don’t all over the internet and throughout the media and get distracted by notifications on your phone, relax with a cup of tea and check out these easy tips.
Enjoy!RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
- Get more sleep.
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier
- Reduce stress
- Meditate for 10 minutes whenever possible. Free apps like Simply Being or Relax and Rest are amazing.
- Avoid heated environments like hot yoga, saunas, hot tubs, hot springs. Self explanatory. Don’t risk birth defects with too much heat.
- Floss. Don’t overthink it, just grab the floss and start. It’s quicker than you think; and necessary as periodontal disease increases preterm delivery sevenfold.
- See a pelvic floor physiotherapist. If you already have problems holding your pee, get one NOW. This is not normal, despite what anyone has ever told you. A baby will not make this better. These miracle workers will have you tightened up in no time.
- Walk. THE best exercise for pregnancy. Get outside in nature and count that as your meditation for the day. Forget the guilt about missing the gym.
- Drink more water. Most of us are dehydrated on a good day, and adding another human to the mix increases that requirement. Fill up a large glass bottle and keep it with you always. Quality supplements. USANA: Find them here!
- Develop healthy habits with your partner. Everything you do they should do as well. It takes 2 of you to make this happen! Cook together, walk together, floss together… you get it.
- Quit smoking! It had to be said. Just start by cutting out one a day and see where it goes. Still an improvement. It is no secret but nothing about smoking is good. Everything about it is seriously bad, so any move towards cutting it our of your life is a huge positive. Smoking and damaging yourself is one thing, but smoking and causing immeasurable harm to an unborn baby is foolish beyond belief.
So there you have some quick and proven tips to get you started on your important health journey before and during pregnancy. So much of our general health and fitness, particularly around the time of pregnancy, is utterly dependent on choices and decisions we make. And making the better ones for our own good – and the good of our baby – is never a particularly difficult one. It’s always up to you, and there surely cannot be any more motivation than knowing your baby is going to be the main beneficiary!
If you want more and are ready to take a good look at what you need to do to start feeling amazing and get the body ready for the most awesome pregnancy ever seen, my Holistic Mama Grow & Glow Program is for you. Packed with tips and recipes with top notch nutrition, quality supplementation and an incredible online mommy support system!
Connect here with WatchFit Expert Caroline Harrison