Have you ever been at work, kicked your shoes off your achy feet, put your hands up to your neck so you could rub the tension out and dreamt of having a relaxing spa day?
Have you thought about going away for a day or two so you could be pampered – if you only had enough time and money?
Here’s the good news!
I’ve got great news and it doesn’t take a lot of money or time! You can have a relaxing spa day at home! At home spa days are much more convenient, relaxing and less expensive. And you can have them as often as you want!RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
• Set aside some time (it can be anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours – you choose). Hang a sign on the door so you’re sure not to have interruptions. Tell your family and friends that you are taking some “me time”. Believe me, they’ll be happy because they want you to be happy!
• You’ll want to have a plan for how you want to spend your time. What is the feeling or outcome you’re looking for? Do you want to just relax? Do you want to feel pampered? Do you want to get your nails painted? Or do you simply want an excuse to be by yourself?
• Depending on what your goal is for your spa day, you’ll want to make sure you have everything you need to make your day successful. Here’s a list of some options:
• A Mani-Pedi and all the accoutrements (clippers, files, cotton balls, Que-Tips, nail polish, polish remover, foot tub, etc.).
• A facial (a good, thick mud mask, meditation music, soft pillow, hair cloth, towels, eye cover or cucumber slices, a comfortable place to lay down).
• A massage – this is harder to do on your own but you can successfully heat up an area with a heating pad, rub some yummy smelling massage oil on the area and give yourself a massage in the areas where you can reach. You can lay on your stomach with a heating pad on your back and let your tired muscles relax, then hit the shower and turn the head to “pulse” to massage the areas you can’t reach.
• Set up your area with candles, soft lighting, meditation music you love, a few towels, a robe and some slippers or soft socks. You can even light some incense. Whatever makes you feel pampered and relaxed.
• Have a relaxing bath with lavender Epsom Salts, bath salts, essential oils and a loofah.
• A hydrating beverage – I like to make a pitcher of fruit water using berries and lemon.
• Have fun! Spend as much time as you can taking care of you!
Having a relaxing spa day takes a small amount of time to set up and you can use items you already have around the house. The hardest part is you making time for you! And this is the essential part of making a spa day at home relaxing.
You have to be committed to honor your alone time and relax!
Connect here with WatchFit Expert Lisa Meisels