We cannot survive our whole life on plates of salad. And neither should we, there is far too much to experience in life without restricting our food intake so drastically! It’s time to learn some real facts about fat loss and at the same time gain lean body mass. It’s very important to maintain strength , flexibility , balance and endurance too.
Firstly we’ll look at Integration of physical activity into daily activity:
– Take the stairs.
RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
– Park further from the door.
– Take a short walk at lunch.
– Turn off the TV.
– Take walk breaks from work.
– Wear a pedometer for monitoring your activity
Now some smart workout tips for different types of training :
1. Cardio respiratory training:
According to the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine is recognised as one of the top authorities on exercise and weight loss) we should perform a minimum of 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity cardio respiratory exercise.
This recommendation can be met by completing 30 to 60 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise approximately five days per week. As an alternative you can perform 20 to 60 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise on approximately three days per week.
These should be performed in fat burning zone with continuous monitoring of the heart rate.
2. Interval training :
First find out maximum heart rate with formula : (220-age )
Then monitor heart rate & perform exercise.
To burn the most calories – Short bursts of high-intensity exercise (80 to 85 percent of your maximum heart rate) followed by lower-intensity recovery periods (50 to 65 percent of your maximum heart rate) burns more calories than exercising at a consistent level of exertion for the same amount of time.
3. Strength training:
NSCA suggests EPOC principles of metabolic conditioning. Resistance training for each major muscle group should be done two to three days per week with a variety of exercises and equipment. Performing two to four sets of each exercise, with 8 to 12 repetitions per set will improve your muscular strength and power.
4. Flexibility training :
Stretching exercises should be done at least two to three days per week. Static, dynamic, ballistic and PNF stretches are all deemed effective. Hold each stretch for approximately 10 to 30 seconds to the point of mild tension or discomfort.
Repeat each stretch two to four times until you accumulate 60 seconds per stretch. Before stretching it is recommended to take a warm bath or a short brisk walk of 10 mins that prepares body for a good stretching session .
Last but not least some useful tips for diet & eating habits :
– Eat only when truly hungry
– Allow your previous meal to fully digest before eating the next meal or snacking. It means waiting at least 3 hours in between meals
– – Use digestion stimulating spices when making your food. Try black pepper, ginger and cumin
– – Boost metabolism – eat small meals
– – Try adding enzymes, especially to heavy meals
– – While eating, chew well and take your time, enjoy the taste it will decrease the hunger stimulating centre
– – Keep track of your consumption and the calories you burn
Let me know if these worked for you and later on if you need any assistance please feel free to contact.