Christmas is just around the corner! With all of the hustle and bustle to get shopping, gift wrapping and cooking done, plus, not to mention, attending numerous holiday parties, it can be a challenge to find time to get any kind of workout in.
But, if you want to feel and look great during the holidays, and not be mistaken for Santa Clause, you’re going to have to find the time. So put the wrapping paper and scissors down, and knock out one of these quick, but still effective, low impact cardio workouts!
#1 – Christmas on the treadmill (make sure you’re not holding on to the rails!)RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
– Warm up – medium pace, no incline – 3 minutes
– Incline 15.0, Speed 2.6-3.2 – 60 second walk, step to side for 15 second rest
– Swing your arms while walking! And make sure you’re leaning forward slightly. It will help compensate for the incline.
– Repeat “walk and rest” cycle for 20 minutes
– Cool down – slow pace, no incline – 2 minutes
Great job!! Resume baking cookies.
#2 – Holiday gift wrapping break time – TAKE 15! (This can be done at home; no equipment required*)
– Warm up – march in place, swinging arms – 2 minutes
– Squat x 15
– Squat + front kick x 15 right leg kick
– Squat + front kick x 15 left leg kick
– Side lunge x 15 right leg
– Side lunge x 15 left leg
– Squat + reverse lunge x 15 right leg reverse lunge
– Squat + reverse lunge x 15 left leg reverse lunge
– Plié squat x 15
– Plié squat + side kick x 15 right leg kick
– Plié squat + side kick x 15 left leg kick
– Stationary lunge x 15 right leg in back
– Stationary lunge x 15 left leg in back
– Cool down – march in place – 2 minutes
Great workout!! Now, continue gift wrapping.
* To make this workout more challenging, incorporate dumbbells with each exercise.
You’re done! Don’t you feel great?!
Now that you’ve completed a quick, low impact cardio workout, don’t you feel re-energized!? You should! These workouts will keep you burning calories while you wrap the holiday gifts and bake deliciously, healthy treats. It’s important that we take care of ourselves during these times, and not let the stress of trying to get so many things done take over.
The holidays are time to enjoy family and be thankful for what we have been blessed with in life. It’s critical that we take the time to take care of ourselves so that we can continue taking care of our families and living healthy lives.
So, grab a friend or family member, take a break and enjoy a quick, stress-relieving workout on me! Which workout did you like best?? What kind of workouts would you like to see in the future?!
Stay Fit & Healthy