Boost your buttocks!!
A recent poll suggested that 95% of us would prefer to have ‘well-rounded buttocks’ compared to a ‘flat bum’.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
The main muscle in question here is the ‘Gluteus Maximus’ (Glutes). In my opinion this is THE best muscle in the body…not only does it give you the figure 95% of us want, but its correct function is essential if you want to increase your fitness and avoid injury!
Here are my Top 5 best exercises for flat buttocks:
1) Reverse Lunge – Stand up tall, both feet hip width apart, then take your right foot back behind you as far as possible, touch the floor with your right toe and slowly lower the right knee towards the floor. Squeeze your glutes and slowly return to start position. Repeat 10-15 times per side.
2) Front Lunge – Stand up tall, both feet hip width apart, take a big step forward placing right foot flat on the floor, ensuring bodyweight is evenly distributed between both feet, slowly lower your left knee towards floor. Squeeze your glutes and return to start position. Repeat 10-15 times per side.
3) Floor Bridge – lying in supine position (back on floor), bend knees to 90 degrees and ensure both feet are flat on floor and hip width apart, squeeze abs / glutes tight and lift hips up off the floor as high as you can, hold at the top for 3 seconds and slowly return to start position. Repeat 10-15 times.
4) Deep Squat – stand up tall, both feet just wider than hip width, slowly squat down as low as you can ensuring your weight stays in heel of your feet and both knees are in line with toes. Squeeze glutes and abs at top and bottom. Repeat 15-20 times.
5) Butt Kickers – kneel on all fours (knees and hands on floor), squeeze abs tight and kick right heel back and up towards ceiling as high as you can without twisting spine, squeeze glutes and hold position for 3 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times per leg.
For best results aim to complete ALL of these exercises as part of a circuit 2-3 times per week. If you combined this with other aerobic work I would
expect you to see results within 3-4 weeks.