This week’s exclusive offering from international celebrity chef and paleo diet guru Pete Evans is another wonderful dish which will be an ideal addition to your meal time options!
And now Winter is settling over the northern hemisphere, Spiced Slow Roasted Brisket is the ideal lip-smacking healthy dish from the all-action Aussie.
Pete’s Paleo Way cookery has gained him a huge following around the world and his TV shows have spread the paleo message extensively throughout his home country of Australia as well as the USA.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
We are delighted that Pete and his team have agreed to offer up two recipes a month for WatchFit, so you can discover, prepare and experience this amazing food first hand for yourselves.
Follow these instructions to add yet another superb dish to your growing Paleo Way repertoire!
Check Pete Evans’ profile page here at WatchFit to catch up on all the other previously published paleo recipes.
It won’t be long before you have a entire, extensive and super healthy new recipes and meals at your fingertips!
Spiced Slow Roasted Brisket
– 2 tablespoons duck fat, ghee or coconut oil
– 4 golden shallots, cut in half lengthwise (skin on)
– 1 garlic bulb, cut in half and broken into pieces (skin on)
– 8 sprigs of thyme
– 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
– 2 tablespoons regular paprika
– 1 tablespoon sea salt
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
Mix all the spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a large casserole dish or roasting pan over high heat.
2, Rub 2 tablespoons of oil over the brisket then lightly season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
3, Seal the meat on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until brown, then remove from the heat and transfer onto a large plate or board. When cool enough to handle, rub the sealed brisket fat side up with the spice rub mixture until coated evenly.
4. Place the golden shallots, garlic and thyme into the casserole dish in a single layer and then sit the brisket on top.
5. Pour 1½ cups of water into the pan, and roast the brisket for 20 minutes until the spices brown. Reduce the heat the 150C. Cover the brisket firmly with a wet piece of greaseproof paper and tightly cover the pan with a double layer of foil.
6. Cook in the oven for 4 hours or until tender to carve.
7. Check halfway through cooking and add another splash of water if needed, then reseal the parcel tightly with foil.
When the meat is ready, carve and serve with roasted vegetables of your choice.
And all you have to do now is gather friends and family around and delight them with your latest culinary breakthrough!
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program is a vibrant health, weight management and fitness program, tailored to a Paleo lifestyle. It teaches you the synergy between eating good food, moving your body every day and looking at the positive sides to life. The secrets to a healthier and happier life.
Reclaim your health at The Paleo Way.
Connect with WatchFit Expert Pete Evans