If you are considering moving towards a vegan or raw vegan diet but hate the thought of having to give up some of your favorite desserts, then I have good news! You don’t have too!
It is amazingly easy to make raw vegan versions of many dessert recipes that are loaded with sugar, fat and calories. Even if you are not a vegan or going raw, trading in high-calorie desserts that offer little in terms of nutrition for ones that provide phytochemicals, fiber, vitamins, and minerals is a win not only for your health but hopefully for your waistline too!
Below are three recipes that you can prepare at home and indulge in knowing they are healthy, unprocessed, fresh and animal and earth friendly. Enjoy!RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
Raw Vegan Dessert Recipe #1
Double Chocolate Hemp Brownies
Recipe from Oolaboolah.com
• 1 cup raw cacoa powder
• 1 cup walnuts
• 1 cup hazelnuts
• 3/4 cup pitted dates
• agave to moisten
• 1/4 cup hemp seeds
1. Put cacao, walnuts, hazelnuts into a food processor.
2. Process until a powdered mixture forms.
3. Add in 4-5 dates at a time until a paste forms.
4. Press this mixture into a glass bowl.
5. Top with your favorite sauce and garnish with mint.
• 1 tsp maple syrup
• 2 tsp Manuka honey
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 2 tsp lucuma powder
1. Add ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
2. Melt on the stove top.
3. Drizzle over brownies and enjoy with friends!
Raw Vegan Dessert Recipe #2
Raw Vegan Chocolate and Peanut Fudge
Recipe from OneGreenPlanet.org
• 1 cup coconut oil
• 1 cup unsalted crunchy peanut butter
• 2 cups raw cacao
• 1 cup dates (pitted)
• 1 to 2 pinches of unrefined sea salt
1. Soak your dates in hot water for about 20 minutes to make them soft and sticky.
2. Place all of your ingredients, except the peanut butter, in a high speed blender and blend until soft and combined.
3. Add the peanut butter at the end to keep the crunch. Spread evenly in a tin or container.
4. Place in the fridge for about one hour. Cut and enjoy with friends!
Image by American Candy Stand Cupcakes
Raw Vegan Dessert Recipe #3
Pistachio Matcha Truffles
Recipe from RawFoodRecipes.com
• ½ cup organic pistachios
• 8 organic medjool dates (pitted)
• 1 tsp organic matcha green tea powder
• 2 Tbs organic chia seeds
• 2 Tbs organic nut butter
• 1 Tbs organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
• 1 tsp organic vanilla bean powder
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined and crumbly texture.
2. Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze in the palm of your hand tightly and roll into call shape.
3. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy with friends!
Raw Vegan Dessert Recipe #4
Thick Raw Lemon Bars
Recipe from Oatmealwithafork.com
• 1 c. walnuts or pecans
• ¼ c. unsweetened coconut
• 6 large, soft dates (Medjool)
• ¼ t. salt
• 1 T. lemon zest
• ½ t. water, as needed for combining
• 6 T. coconut oil
• 3 T. coconut butter
• 3 T. maple syrup or raw honey
• 3 T. lemon juice
• 2 t. lemon zest
• 9 drops stevia, to taste (or another 2-3 teaspoons of liquid sweetener)
• dash of turmeric, for color (optional)
1. Process together the ingredients for the bottom layer (add a little water if necessary to bring everything together).
2. Make sure it is well combined, and press it into a small glass dish (I used a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex dish).
3. Gently melt together the coconut oil with the coconut butter.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients, adding stevia to taste.
5. Pour atop the bottom layer.
6. Place into the fridge or freezer until set.
7. Cut and enjoy!
Raw Vegan Recipe #5
Raw Cashew Cheesecake
Recipe from Vegetariantimes.com
• 2 cups macadamia nuts
• 1 ½ cups cashews
• ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
• ¼ cup dried coconut
• 6 Tbs. coconut oil, melted (gently warmed)
• ¼ cup lime juice
• ¼ cup raw agave nectar
• ½ sun-dried vanilla bean
• 3 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
1. Place macadamia nuts in large bowl, and cover with cold water. Place cashews in separate bowl, and cover with cold water. Soak nuts 4 hours, then rinse, drain, and set aside.
2. Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency. Sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make crust.
3. Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, agave nectar, and 6 Tbs. water in bowl of food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into food processor bowl, and purée until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze 1 to 2 hours, or until firm. Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and transfer to serving platter. Defrost in fridge 1 hour, or on countertop 30 minutes; top with berries; and serve.