Our latest offering from celebrity chef and paleo guru Pete Evans is a truly mouthwatering chicken dish.
Pete’s Paleo Way cookery has gained him a huge following around the world and his TV shows have spread the paleo message throughout his home country of Australia as well as the USA.
We are delighted that Pete has agreed to offer up two recipes a month for WatchFit, so you can discover, prepare and experience this amazing food first hand for yourselves.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
Braised ginger chicken with spring onions and chilli
Ingredients (Serve 4-6)
1 x 1.8kg whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
3 tablespoons coconut oil, duck fat, tallow or other good quality fats, melted
1 teaspoon tapioca starch
1 brown onion
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
5 cm piece ginger, julienned
½ cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoons tamari
3 long red chilli, seeds and julienned
4 spring onions, julienned
1 bunch bok choy, trimmed
toasted sesame seeds, to serve
cauliflower rice, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and mix through 1 tablespoon and tapioca flour.
3. In a frying pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
4. Next, add the chicken pieces skin side down, season with salt and freshly cracked pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Transfer the chicken and the cooked onion, garlic and ginger to a deep roasting pan, then pour in the wine, chicken stock, fish sauce, tamari and scatter over the chilli and spring onions. Cover tightly with a lid or a double layer of foil and braise in the oven for 1 hour or until the chicken has cooked through. 15 minutes before the chicken is ready mix in the bok choy. Season the sauce to taste if needed.
6. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds over the chicken and serve with cauliflower rice and a side of Asian greens.
Remember to come back
See what Pete Evans and his Paleo Way team serve up next!
Every second Friday WatchFit will publish another recipe and set of guidelines and instructions.
In no time at all you will not only have learned about a whole new range of super healthy and nutritious dishes, but you will have also expanded your culinary repertoire with an array of meals that will impress even the hardest to please dinner party guest!
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program is a vibrant health, weight management and fitness program, tailored to a Paleo lifestyle.
It teaches you the synergy between eating good food, moving your body every day and looking at the positive sides to life. The secrets to a healthier and happier life.
Reclaim your health at The Paleo Way.
Read more from Celebrity Chef and WatchFit Expert Pete Evans.