Unless you have been living in some kind of total isolation, you cannot have failed to notice the unchallenged rise of coconut water as a superb health drink. So what better to work with in this week’s Paleo jelly recipe!
Berries are a great healthy food and we all like jelly… so put it all together and what do you get?
Coconut Water Jelly with Berries!
RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
Paleo diet expert and worldwide celeb’ chef Pete Evans has created this superb dish and, is sharing it here as part of his exclusive series of recipes here at WatchFit.
Here is everything you need to know. Try it this weekend!
Yield: 800 ml
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus 4 hours setting)
Course: Dessert / Snack
– 500 ml (17 fl oz. / 2 cups) coconut water
– 1 tablespoon powdered grass-fed gelatine
– Coconut nectar or honey, to taste (optional)
– 200 g (7 oz.) mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or blackberries), plus extra for serving
– Flesh of 1 young coconut (120 g / 4¼ oz.), chopped
– 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1. Place 3 tablespoons of the coconut water in a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine over the surface.
2. Allow the gelatine to soak in to the coconut water for 2 minutes.
3. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer whilst stirring continuously until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. In a bowl, whisk the remaining coconut water with the coconut nectar or honey (if using). Stir in the gelatine mixture, then pour the jelly mixture into six 125 ml (4¼ fl oz.) cups or jelly molds to three-quarters full.
6. Add some berries and the coconut flesh and sprinkle on some chia seeds.
7. Chill the jellies for 4 hours, or until set.
8. Remove the jellies from the molds by placing the molds in a bath of hot water for a few seconds (be careful not to submerge in the water), then turn out onto serving plates.
Serve with a scattering of fresh berries.
1. Place 60 g of coconut water into Thermomix bowl and sprinkle over gelatine. Stir 20 sec/speed 1 to mix. Allow to soak for 2 minutes.
2. Cook for 2 minutes/100C/speed 3. Remove lid and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the remaining 440 g of coconut water to the bowl with coconut nectar or honey (if using) and mix 30 sec/speed 5.
4. Pour into molds and continue as per recipe above.
Don’t forget to come back every Friday for another superb healthy recipe from Pete Evans and his Paleo Way team.
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program is a vibrant health, weight management and fitness program, tailored to a Paleo lifestyle.
It teaches you the synergy between eating good food, moving your body every day and looking at the positive sides to life. The secrets to a healthier and happier life.