Paleo guru and international celebrity chef Pete Evans has come up trumps again!
In his exclusive series of weekly paleo treats with WatchFit, the Aussie star has opened the door to an array of paleo dishes to enhance your cooking repertoire and improve your health!
This week is a little different; not a meal as such, but an energising and cleansing smoothie – the Green Goddess of smoothies in fact!RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
From Pete Evans and his Paleo Way team…
Going Paleo is about embracing good quality fats, as Mother Nature has provided us in all her wisdom.
Try one of these bad boys (or should I say good guys!) for breakfast one day a week and just see how you feel for the next three hours.
Introducing the paleo green smoothie
Avocados, coconuts, nuts, seeds and eggs are just some of the wonderful sources of what our body needs to thrive. In other words – healthy fats.
I make my smoothies at home with 2 eggs per person, 1 avocado per person and have a big one if that is my breakfast.
Then I can easily go without eating until lunchtime. Play around with different herbs, spices or whatever takes your fancy and mix it up. Try freezing left-over smoothie mixes into popsicle molds for a treat on a hot summer’s day.
The kids will love it. And you too!
Serves: 2 – 4
Yield: 1.1 L
Preparation time: 10 minutes
– 2 young coconuts (flesh and juice) or 500 ml coconut water
– 1 ripe avocado, stone and skin removed
– 40 g silverbeet, spinach or kale, roughly chopped
– 1 large handful fresh mint leaves, parsley or coriander
– 2 free-range organic eggs (uncooked)
– 8 walnuts, soaked overnight
– 8 macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped) or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
– Filtered water, nut or coconut milk, added to desired consistency
1. Cut open the tops of the coconuts by chopping a square opening into the top (preferably with 4 incisions using a cleaver), and pour out the coconut water directly into a blender jug.
2. Scrape out the soft coconut flesh from the inside of the coconut shell with a spoon, and chop the flesh into chunks.
3. Drain and rinse the soaking walnuts and macadamias.
4. Add the coconut flesh and all other remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
5. Add filtered water, nut or coconut milk slowly until you to reach your desired consistency.
6. Serve immediately either in a tall milkshake glass or served from the coconut shell with a straw.
Note: You can pre-soak the nuts and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Don’t forget to look out each Friday for another Pete Evans Paleo Way recipe here at WatchFit and prepare something new for the weekend!
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program is a vibrant health, weight management and fitness program, tailored to a Paleo lifestyle.
It teaches you the synergy between eating good food, moving your body every day and looking at the positive sides to life. The secrets to a healthier and happier life.