Just some of the many health benefits of cranberries include:RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
– Prevent stomach ulcer bacteria from attaching itself to the stomach lining.
– Supports blood vessels and is thus good for heart health.
–Anti-inflammatory. They reduce inflammation in all areas of the body.
– They increase levels of HDL (good cholesterol)
– Lowers levels of LDL (bad cholesterol)
– Lowers blood pressure.
– Boosts the immune system
– And more!
Have your cake and eat itOne of the most delicious foods we all love, and is often considered a treat, are muffins. Muffins have gotten a bad reputation in recent times from being packed with too much sugar, and they usually are. However, I have devised a way for you to have your muffin and eat it too, along with the many benefits and fabulous flavour of Cranberries! Please check out my allergy friendly, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grain and sugar free Cranberry Lemon muffin recipe!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1/4 c. goat yogurt (or the cream off the top of a can of organic coconut milk)
2 T. melted soy free earth balance butter spread or coconut oil
1/8 t. pure stevia
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. alcohol free vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. apple cider vinegar
2 T. xylitol
1/2 c. fresh cranberries (chopped)
1/4 c. coconut flour
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients except cranberries and coconut flour.
3. Thoroughly mix in coconut flour.
4. Chop the cranberries and fold them into the
5. Grease a mini or regular size muffin tin really well or use parchment (these are very sticky!)
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes for minis & 20-25 minutes for regular size.
7. These muffins tend to taste best after they’ve cooled. Notes: These can also be kept in the freezer, will be ready to eat if taken out 30-60 mins before eating. Boost those taste buds without the waistline effects! Enjoy these delicious healthy muffins, and put your mind at ease, knowing there is no better guilt free muffin around! Connect with Expert Kelly Bentley