Christmas time is here again!
Do you want to treat yourself and the family to a yummy breakfast this Christmas?
Are you looking for Christmas morning breakfast ideas?RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
It is important to start your day with a protein-filled healthy breakfast . Protein in general increases satiety to a larger extent than carbohydrate or fat.
A study published in 2013 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that a breakfast particularly rich in protein improved satiety, reduced daily hunger and reduced evening snacking.
Here are 3 Christmas morning breakfast ideas for you and the family to tuck into:
1. Egg, Banana and Almond Butter Pancake with Cinnamon
– 8 ripe bananas
– 4 free-range eggs
– 4 tablespoons of almond butter
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– Fresh berries
– Grass-fed butter
1. Mash all the bananas in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and mix well.
3. Add the almond butter and mix well.
4. Stir in the cinnamon and mix well.
5. Melt some grass-fed butter in a pan (on medium heat).
6. Pour a spoonful of the batter into the pan, cook both sides of the pancake till each side is brown (not burnt).
7. When you have finished cooking the whole batter , top the pancakes with some fresh berries and serve. Enjoy!
2. Stir-fried Eggs and Vegetables
Stir fried eggs and vegetables is one of the yummy Christmas morning breakfast ideas. It is rich in protein, dietary fibre and antioxidants to keep you healthy.
– 4 free-range eggs
– 4 large carrots, cut up into small cubes
– 1 head of Broccoli, cut up into small florets
– 1/2 large cauliflower, cut up into small florets
– 4 mushrooms, slice into small chunks
– 1 large onions, slice into small chunks
– 2 large bell peppers, cut up into small slices
– Coconut oil or grass-fed butter or ghee
– Spices: Himalayan sea salt, chilli pepper
1. Add the coconut oil or grass-fed butter or ghee to a pan and heat on medium heat.
2. Add the broccoli, carrots, mushroom, onions, bell peppers and cauliflower.
3. Add the eggs.
4. Add the spices.
5. Stir fry until ready and serve.
6. Take a seat and enjoy!
3. Sweet Potato Fries with Scrambled Eggs
Sweet potato fries with scrambled eggs is one of the yummy Christmas morning breakfast ideas. It is bursting with protein and dietary fibre. Sweet potato is also a rich source of good carbohydrates, beta-carotene, manganese and copper.
– 4 free range eggs, scrambled
– 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– pinch of Himalayan sea salt
– olive oil
1. Put sweet fries in a bowl, add the cinnamon and Himalayan sea salt and mix it all together.
2. Add the olive oil and mix well.
3. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Scramble the eggs and serve with the sweet potato fries.
So start your Christmas morning with these Christmas morning breakfast ideas; the super healthy way!
Connect with Expert Awele Anne Anyia.
-Leidy H J, Ortinau L C, Douglas, SM, Hoertel H A (2013) Beneficial effects of a higher-protein breakfast on the appetitive, hormonal and neural signals controlling energy intake regulation in overweight/obese, “breakfast-skipping, ” late-adolescent girls.
-American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 97: 677-688. PUBMED