5 Sizzling burger recipes for the long hot summer days
Now the days are longer and warmer it’s time to have some sizzling fun with alfresco cooking. Get your taste buds tantilised with the following mouth watering burgers which are also wholesome and nutritious too. As you see you don’t have to just have the traditional beefburger!
It’s important to get your BBQ coals nice and hot before putting your burgers on. You can also use disposable BBQ too.RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
All ingredients are for 4 burgers
Turkey , sage and onion burger
400g minced turkey | 1 dap of freshly chopped sage |1 medium onion diced | 50g of wholemeal bread crumbs
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and divide into 4 balls and press into 1 inch burger.
2. Cook for 20 minutes turning over every 5 minutes
Bean and chilli burger. Can be adapted for a vegan burger
400g tinned butter beans | 400g tinned kidney beans | 1 medium red onion | 50g wholemeal bread crumbs or 50g of ground flaxseed if you are vegan | 3 tbsps of sweet chilli sauce
1. Blitz in a processor until it all binds together but is still chunky.
2. Divide into 4 balls and flatten into a burger about 1 inch thick
3. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes turning over every 5 minutes.
Organic beef burger with tomato pesto
400g minced beef | 1 medium diced onion | 2 tbsps of tomato pesto | 50g of wholemeal bread crumbs
1. Bind all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Roll in to balls and flatten in into a burger about 1 inch thick.
Ground flax and cheese burger
1 cup of ground flaxseed | 1 egg | Half a cup of parmesan cheese | 1 cup of grated carrots | 1 small red onion
1. Blitz in a processor . Then divide into 4 balls and flatten into a burger
2. Cook for 10 minutes turning over half way through.
Tuna and sweet potato burger
400g tuna | 100g mashed sweet potato | 100g courgette (cut into quarter then slice thinly) | Tbsp of green pesto | 100g rye bread crumbs | 1 x egg
1. Blitz everything except the courgette.
2. Then fold courgette in and roll into 4 balls and flatten into burgers
3. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes turning over every 5 minutes
Serve all burgers with fresh summer tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce with healthy sweet potato wedges.
1. Spicy Mango yoghurt dressing with ¼ tsp of paprika
2. Blitz 1 x mango with 150g plain yoghurt and ¼ tsp paprika
3. Mustard yoghurt and lemon juice dip
4. Blitz or shake well 15og yoghurt plus 1tsp Engish mustard and 2 tbsp of lemon juice
5. Tomato and balsamic vinegar
6. Wiz 100g tomatoes with 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
So there we are a burger to suit every taste and palate.