This diet is heaven scent for anyone who lives to eat. Let’s face it the word diet simply doesn’t make you want to jump on one anytime soon. Simply thinking about going on a diet is enough to slow the metabolism by raising stress hormones!
Enter The Food Lovers Diet Plan!
This plan is for anyone who gets bored quickly and is either on a diet or off a diet!RELATED: RECOMMENDED PLANS FOR YOU
The Food Lovers Diet Plan is based on healthy, fat controlling fresh food that not only tastes great but will help you shed weight…naturally! If you love food but hate diets, then The No Need to Feel Guilty Food Lovers Diet Food Plan is for you!
The Food Lovers Diet Plan way of eating satisfies the taste buds and balances metabolic hormones to help manage body weight effortlessly. There is no need to count calories as eating this way naturally regulates appetite and satisfies even the most persistent of cravings. Best of all it’s easy to do and you will never look at food the same way again.
The Food Lovers Diet Plan focuses on eliminating refined foods such as grains, cereals, sugars and other starches that have been processed beyond recognition (which we will call #beigedeadfood). #Beigedeadfood literally hijacks your brain chemistry and appetite make you crave more and making your taste buds lazy.
By eliminating #beigedeadfood you will minimise the release of insulin in the bloodstream. Our Paleolithic ancestors would not have eaten these foods which essentially confuse the metabolic messengers that regulate appetite, cravings, ,sleep, Ph balance and body fat. Many people will compare this to a Paleo diet.
But this way of eating is much more sustainable as it’s adapted to suit our modern lifestyles that are often centered around social eating. The Food Lovers Diet Plan will balance blood sugars which will encourage the body to release fat from cells and prevent any excess being stored.
As an extra bonus your taste buds will literally come alive and the real food will taste amazing! And by basing meals on good sources of protein and fibre it will encourage fullness and fat burning without you ever feeling hungry.
And it gets even better… Once a week on The Food Lovers Diet Plan we encourage you to have a cheat meal of your choice. Pizza, ice cream, cake, pasta…Choose your most favourite food and enjoy without guilt and still lose weight.
By overindulging in a high-carb based meal once a week you will reset hunger hormones such as Leptin that are responsible for causing dieters to fall off the wagon. The cheat meal or snack also allows you to factor in your favourite foods to stop you feeling from deprived. Sound good?
Empty the cupboards of all beige, processed foods. Usually things that come in a packet or box, a long list of ingredients and are dehydrated to a large degree. If it’s beige and dead? Knock it on the head!
Here are some common examples of #beigedeadfood: Cereals, breads, pasta, biscuits, pastries and baked goods, cereal bars, diet foods, chocolate, confectionary, cous cous and other wheat derivatives, low-fat non-organic milk, cheese and dairy.
#Beigedeadfood is not to be confused with beige foods. There is a distinct difference and that’s the processing and cooking during production which denatures the food rendering it not only beige but beige and dead.
#Beigedeadfood’s are the very worst foods to eat on a regular basis. Plus these foods generally take more nutrients out of the body to process than they put back in.
Beige foods that fall out of this category due to them being in their unadulterated state are listed below. These can still impact your fat burning metabolism due to their higher starch/natural sugars and so can still blunt the fat burning process and raise acidity in the body.
These are best taken in limited amounts such as a 1-3 tablespoons at each meal or as a garnish to help balance blood sugars and appetite:
Safe beige foods that are completely in their natural form and low in natural starches and high in fibre and nutrients are therefore allowed in unlimited amounts:
• Lean protein such as chicken, eggs and turkey
When shopping simply avoid the central aisles where all the #beigedeadfood resides and just focus on the fish, meat, eggs and colourful vegetables aisles with a little organic dairy for enhancing dishes. If you are tempted by things in the house, simply don’t keep them there.
Use this two week diet plan to inspire you to ditch the #beigedeadfood and focus on real foods that promote energy and a lean, heathy body! Occasionally you might choose to swap your snack for a small glass of wine for example. If you have a particular food you can’t live without then make sure you factor it in somewhere too.
This plan is flexible enough to make it sustainable. Have fun with real food and say goodbye to the bland, fake #beigedeadfood and let your tastes come alive!
Here is the full ‘Food lovers diet plan’ and find recipes below:
|The No Guilt 7 Day Food Lovers Diet Plan
All vegetables & salads are unlimited. Yogurt and dairy products should be organic and full fat.
|Upon rising and repeat everyday||Alkalising greens drink. Warm water with lemon||Alkalising greens drink Warm water with lemon||Alkalising greens drink. water with lemon||Alkalising greens drink. Warm water with lemon||Alkalising greens drink. Warm water with lemon||Alkalising greens drink. Warm water with lemon||Alkalising greens drink. Warm water with lemon|
|Breakfast||Cinnamon & Almond pancakes||Soft boiled eggs with sweet potato chips and asparagus soldiers||Banana & cinnamon omelette||Oats & chia seeds soaked overnight in almond mill with berry compote||Grilled breakfast low-sugar beans, poached eggs, veggie/95% meat sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms||Egg fried left over cauliflower rice with chopped peppers, spring onions||Huevos Rancheros|
|Lunch||Cauliflower rice tabbouleh and fish||Tuna & avocado in Romaine lettuce wraps||Quinoa salad & feta cheese||Paleo open sandwich, lean ham, lettuce and guacamole||Curried roasted cauliflower soup and Paleo bread||Moroccan carrot & chickpea salad||Sunday roast -sweet potatoes, steamed veggies & meat of choice|
|Dinner||Cajun chicken, avocado, lime & chili salsa||Salmon, courgette pasta with Quinoa salad||Mushroom burgers with sweet potato chips||Roasted chicken breast mango & avocado salsa||Rogan Josh with Cauliflower rice||Cheat meal of your choice (resets hunger hormones!)||Curried Cauliflower soup & Paleo bread|
|Snack||2 pieces of dark chocolate & brazils||Fat controlling chocolate cake||Berries & walnuts||Cheeese cake||Brown rice cake & nut butter||Glass of wine and nuts||Strawberries, 30g dark chocolate & pecans|
|Drinks||Green tea||Organic coffee||Hot cocoa drink||Ginger & lemon tea||Tulsi Tea||Fruit tea||Yerba Mate|
The Food Lovers Diet Plan Breakfast recipes
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
Pinch of chili or finely chopped red pepper to taste
1⁄2 tsp dried oregano , or a some chopped fresh coriander
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, pepper, chili, garlic and oregano.
2. Fry gently for about 5 minutes or until everything is soft then add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. If the sauce looks dry, add a splash of water.
3. Season well and then make 4 hollows in the mixture, break an egg into each and cover the pan.
4. Cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are set. or bake in a ramekin.
Two soft boiled eggs.
Steam or griddle fresh asparagus
Use leftover sweet potato/butternut squash chips or paleo bread as soldiers.
Add pepper and serve
Place two eggs in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil. When at boiling point set the time for 3 min. (or longer for hard boiled)
The Food Lovers Diet Plan Lunches
Cauliflower Tabbouleh (serve with chicken or fish)
1 head of cauliflower, de-stemmed and coarsely chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup coriander, chopped
4 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup or raw honey
Pinch of sea salt
1. Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it resembles traditional rice, like a coarse meal. Place into a large bowl, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
2. Add the tomatoes, parsley, coriander, celery, and green onions into the bowl. In a separate bowl stir together the ingredients for the dressing and then pour onto the cauliflower mixture. Toss well to combine. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving
Tuna and Avocado wraps
1 can tuna
½ very ripe avocado
1 tbsp paleo or regular full-fat mayo
¼ cup green olives
2 tbsp diced green chiles
1 spring onion
2 large leaves of green leaf lettuce such as Romaine (or your favorite green!)
This recipe serves two, but is so good you just may eat the whole thing yourself.
1. Cut olives in half and dice spring onion.
2. Mash the avocado until it’s a creamy consistency, and then mix with mayonnaise.
3. Add in the tuna, olives, onion, and diced green chiles to the avocado-mayonnaise mixture.
4. Place one scoop of tuna salad into a large leaf of lettuce, wrap, and enjoy
The Food Lovers Diet Plan Dinners
Cajun Chicken with Avocado, lime and chili salsa
4 small chicken breast fillets
1 tablespoon sweet (or smoked) paprika
A good pinch of cayenne pepper
1 avocado, flesh cubed
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 long green chili, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways
2 tablespoons freshly snipped chives
Olive oil spray
250g steamed green beans
Handful or chervil or parsley to garnish
1. Cut each breast into 3 thin escalopes, then toss in the combined paprika and cayenne to lightly coat. Set aside. Place avocado, lime, chili and chives in a bowl. Season and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
2. Heat a large frypan over high heat with a little coconut oil. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side until cooked. Rest for 3 minutes, then halve each piece on an angle. Serve chicken on beans and salsa, and drizzle with any resting juices.
Salmon with Quinoa salad
Ingredients (Quinoa serves up to 12)
1 ½ cups quinoa
½ cup pine nuts
1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced (2½ cups)
3 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced (¾ cup)
½ small red onion, finely chopped (½ cup)
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup shredded mint
¼ cup olive oil
3 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 salmon fillet per person
1. Bring 1 ½ cups salted water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and small “tails” bloom from grains.
2. Add the pine nuts to a dry frying pan and toast 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool, then transfer to large serving bowl.
3. Drain quinoa, and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Add quinoa to pine nuts, and stir in cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and herbs. Fold in oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Keeps well.
4. Griddle, grill or poach well seasoned Salmon steak and serve on the Quinoa. Add Rocket to garnish.
The Food Lovers Diet Plan Salad
Moroccan carrot and chickpea salad
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/3 cup / 80 ml extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
10 ounces carrots, shredded on a box grater or sliced whisper thin on a mandolin
2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15- ounce can, drained and rinsed)
2/3 cup dates cut into chickpea-sized pieces
1/3 cup / 30 g fresh mint, torn
For serving: lots of toasted almond slices
1. To make the dressing, first toast the cumin seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant and lightly browned, a minute or two. Let cool, and grind to a powder with a mortar and pestle.
2. In a bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, chickpeas, dates, mint, and almonds. Gently toss until everything is evenly coated.
4. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (You can toss this salad, minus the almonds, hours in advance. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.)
Hope you enjoy The No Need to Feel Guilty Food Lovers Diet Plan. I know I do!
Big love, small tummies
Jill – The Fat Controller